Engage in activities that cultivate a healthy environment for the region’s diverse entrepreneurs and small businesses to prosper
Engage in activities that cultivate a healthy environment for the region’s diverse entrepreneurs and small business to prosper.
Located in a Federal HUBZone, a certified Pennsylvania Enterprise Zone and Keystone Innovation Zone, RCI has established the following outputs for the organization:
(1) Provide direct services to start-up/microenterprise businesses and entrepreneurs;
(2) Assist in training and educational programs to improve the success rate of entrepreneurs;
(3) Form partnerships and collaborations with other entrepreneurial service providers;
(4) Focus on the needs of the disadvantaged entrepreneurs;
(5) Operate with best practices.
Business Spotlight: Concrete Rose
Catalyze Diverse and Small Businesses Throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Established in 1983, the North Side Industrial Development Company d/b/a Riverside Center for Innovation (RCI) is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization located in the City of Pittsburgh’s North Side. RCI is a leading, full-service small business incubator – targeting women, minority, veterans, LGBTQ and other disadvantaged ventures in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Riverside Center for Innovation (RCI), established as the North Side Industrial Development Company in
Our Board outcomes or outputs will be to achieve:
1) Build leadership & organizational capacity;
2) Build advocacy/systemic change capacity;
3) Reduce income disparities through the development of minority and women entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values at Riverside Center for Innovation (RCI). RCI is committed to the equitable treatment and elimination of discrimination at all levels throughout our organization and within our programming. We will invest in strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations whose mission is to develop a diverse pool of talent including products, goods and services, and provide opportunities for our various stakeholders to create an interdependent entrepreneurial ecosystem for the region.
RCI will be intentional about promoting a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, with a focus on the retention and development of our employees. Through our work, we will amplify underrepresented voices and empower communities to advance equality. We will hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of our organization to deliver unique programs, ideas, and solutions while delivering exceptional services to our clients every day in order to build a resilient ecosystem that is closing the racial wealth gap.
Riverside Center for Innovation has exhibited laser focus and the expertise to build and accomplish a stronger ecosystem
1) RCI’s database of clients has over 1,600 BIPOC business owners
2) RCI clients created over 5,000 jobs
3) RCI’s clients generated over $204 million in annual output
4) RCI’s clients paid $94 million in annual wages
5) RCI Clients returned to the three taxing bodies $24.8 million in annual total tax revenue
6) 95% of RCI’s clients are minorities including female, Veterans & LGBTQ
7) 3 of 4 of RCI’s BizFIT clients are profitable